[yt-users] Error when installing

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 12:24:47 PDT 2014

Ok, that's the same version I have.  For some reason our xcode-select
binaries behave differently though.

Can you tell me the output of "xcode-select -version"?  On my mac I get
"xcode-select version 2333".

Also according to this StackOverflow
thread<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20229437/cant-install-command-line-tool-xcode-select-install-doesnt-work>,
this command might fix your issue:

sudo xcode-select -switch /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools

I would check first that /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools exists before
trying that.  You should be able to find the necessary gcc executable
inside /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin.

Sorry I can't be more helpful here.  I've never seen this issue before and
it appears to be somewhat uncommon judging by the lack of google search
results.

You might have luck asking a question of your own on StackOverflow
regarding installing the command line tools.  Another option would be to
find an alternative way to set up a compiler toolchain, although xcode is
usually the easiest way to do that on a mac.