[yt-users] Request for visualizations for a planetarium talk

Devin Silvia devin.silvia at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 14:25:15 PDT 2014

Hi yt users,

In about 10 days I'll be giving a talk at the planetarium at Michigan
State University and my plan is to talk about how we use computers and
scientific visualization to "unlock the mysteries of the Universe".

While I plan on showcasing a bit of my own work, I think it would be
great if I could show off a variety of ways that computers have been
used to investigate a variety of topics in astronomy/astrophysics.
I've seen countless awesome visualizations come through the yt IRC
channel, the mailing list, etc. and thought that it would be foolish
not to tap into that body of work.

If you have a moment to send me (directly, so as not to clutter up the
email list) some sort of visualization and explanation of what the
work was investigating and how the visualization aided your
understanding, that would be very much appreciated.  I will make a
point to accurately credit everyone and their institution in the talk
and who knows, perhaps you'll end up with an excited member of the
public that would like to learn more.

Thanks in advance for any contributions!

Cheers,
Devin

--
Devin W. Silvia