[yt-users] sliceplot of a cylinder surface

Britton Smith brittonsmith at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 08:31:26 PST 2014

Hi Yi,

What about something like the following:
Make a boolean object out of two disk objects with slightly larger and
slightly smaller radius than the radius you want to analyze.
http://yt-project.org/docs/dev/analyzing/objects.html#combining-objects-boolean-data-objects
This boolean object would then encompass just the cylindrical shell you're
interested in.  Then, once you have this object, do a PhasePlot where the x
and y fields are 'theta' and 'z' and the z field of the PhasePlot is
whatever field you want to see.  This should be, in essence, like taking a
slice in constant radius.

Britton