[yt-users] issues with bbox filtering

Desika Narayanan dnarayan at haverford.edu
Wed Jun 25 05:52:50 PDT 2014

Hey Cameron,

Thanks for checking in!

I had originally wondered about this too, and you're right that the snaps
considered in the notebook are slightly different z (z=1.3 vs 1.5).
You're also right that reducing the size of the filtered bbox for the
second snap (the one that throws currently) fixes the problem.

The part of this train of thought that stumped me is that all of the bounds
of the filtered bbox are within the edges of the first domain that I
construct -   i.e. when I first load the snapshot with some huge boxsize
(1e5 kpc), then even with the re-centering the new smaller bbox that I'm
using for filtering lies within the ds1.domain_left_edge, right_edge etc.
It could be that I'm understanding how the bbox filtering works incorrectly
though.

thanks
-d