[yt-users] Volume rendering with gadget data

Fernando Becerra becerrafernando at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 18:15:40 PDT 2014

Dear all,

I'm trying to make a volume rendering of one of my binary Gadget dataset. I'm following this tutorial: http://yt-project.org/docs/dev-3.0/cookbook/simple_volume_rendering.py, which has been working great for my Enzo outputs. But the same script is not working with the Gadget ones. The error I'm getting is "Failed to split grids" when I try to do "cam = pf.h.cam()". I checked if yt is reading the Gadget file in the right way by plotting the particles, and it looks good. Any ideas of what can be causing that problem?

Best,
Fernando.