[yt-users] length of octree and smoothed arrays

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 11:38:17 PDT 2014

Hi Desika,

Your particles are pretty randomly distributed, so it's refining
everywhere up to a given level.  Try changing to np.random.normal, but
you might need to clip.  There's also a factor of eight for leaf
nodes, because a leaf node by default becomes eight cells.

http://paste.yt-project.org/show/4782/

This gives the results I was expecting.  Do they look okay to you?

-Matt