[yt-users] yt surface triangles in mayavi?

Jill Naiman jnaiman at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 16:25:13 PDT 2014

www.astroblend.com <- shameless self promotion!

At anyrate, there are some tutorials there about how to import obj files
into Blender.  I assume you can probably adopt the current obj exporter in
yt to write VTK files instead of obj files, unless you can use some
OBJ->VTK reformatting thing (perhaps this?
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkOBJReader.html)

On Sun, Jul 27, 2014 at 6:35 PM, Matthew Turk <matthewturk at gmail.com> wrote:

> I haven't with mayavi, but it's pretty easy to load them into meshlab.
> Jill Naiman has done some awesome work with Blender, too.
> On Jul 27, 2014 8:30 PM, "Michael Zingale" <michael.zingale at stonybrook.edu>
> wrote:
>
>> Has anyone tried taking the triangles output from yt's surface function
>> and plot them using Mayavi mlab?  The 3d support in matplotlib is a bit
>> limited, so I was hoping to work in mayavi.
>>
>>  Mike
>>
>> --
>> Michael Zingale
>> Associate Professor
>>
>> Dept. of Physics & Astronomy • Stony Brook University • Stony Brook, NY
>> 11794-3800
>> *phone*:  631-632-8225
>> *e-mail*: Michael.Zingale at stonybrook.edu
>> *web*: http://www.astro.sunysb.edu/mzingale

Jill P. Naiman, Ph.D.
Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics
jnaiman at ucolick.org
www.astroblend.com
www.avriot.com