[yt-users] Coexistence of positive and negative values on a SlicePlot in log scale

Suoqing JI suoqing at physics.ucsb.edu
Wed Jul 16 15:50:30 PDT 2014

Hi,

I understand that typically the negative values would appear as white color on a log slice plot. However, if I directly plot the fields that are generically defined in FLASH, the negative values DO appear correctly. For example, the velx field: http://pbrd.co/1jz3iqR.

But for any derived fields, for example, defining velx1 = 1.*velx, the negative values appear white again: http://pbrd.co/1jz4oD8.

So, is there anyway to show both positive and negative values on a log slice plot for derived fields (I’m using YT2)?

Thanks!

Best wishes,
--
Suoqing JI