[yt-users] slice of a part of domain

Chang-Goo Kim cgkim at astro.princeton.edu
Thu Jul 10 09:10:26 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I have recently run a part of sphere by assuming mirror symmetry. So, the
simulated domain only spans from 0 to L/2 in every direction, which should
be -L/2 ~ L/2 for full domain. I then tried to make frb using slice and
to_frb function. What I get is a slice in -L/4 ~L/4 domain with
periodicity. How can I get correct slice? Here's a relevant part of script.

        for iax in range(3):
                slc = pf.slice(iax,0.0,center=(0.0,0.0,0.0))
                slc_frb = slc.to_frb(pf.domain_width[0],512)
                frb.append(slc_frb)

                for i,field in enumerate(fields):
                        ax = grid[iax*nrow+i]
                        data=np.array(slc_frb[field])
                        im = ax.imshow(data, origin='lower', norm=LogNorm())
                        im.set_extent(np.array(slc_frb.bounds))

Thanks,

Chang-Goo