[yt-users] Cell Volume in regions

Daniel cunnama at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 01:48:49 PDT 2014

Hi there,

I am extracting a region from a Gadget dataset using the sphere function
and then attempting to access the "cell_volume" field.

For some reason the number of elements in the cell volume field is not
equal to the number of particles in the region.

For example I have 4341760 particles but only 4228930 cell volume elements.

I have extracted a sphere which encompassed all the particles and the
number of cell volume elements is then equal.

Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Daniel