[yt-users] ART data with no gas mesh

Miguel Rocha migroch at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 11:25:53 PDT 2014

Hi yt-users!

Has anyone successfully read with yt ART files that only contain dark
matter particle data, without a gas mesh file. I am trying to load some
Bolshoi snapshots which are single files in unformatted fortran format. YT
supports loading ART snapshots from hydro runs in which you have multiple
files for each snapshot, one file for the gas, one for the stars, one for
the dark matter etc... Thus I would guess that build within the current ART
frontend there must be  all you need to read only one file for the dark
matter. Has anyone tried to use the current ART frontend to read only a
single DM file?

Thanks!

Miguel Rocha