[yt-users] Clump Finding in yt-3.0

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 14:49:50 PDT 2014

Hi Peter,

On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 4:46 PM, Peter Teuben <teuben at astro.umd.edu> wrote:
> Hi All,
>     have a look at GRID-core,  which came out of H.Gong's thesis.
> It's also in ASCL:
>
> http://ascl.net/GRID-core
>
> Would be cool to have this in yt.
>
> peter

Hm, I think this does something different.  It looks like it does
clump finding on projected gravitational potential from FITS files?
The yt grav potential calculator (which currently works in yt-2.x)
does computation of the gravitational potential, which can be applied
to the (3d) contours identified in density pulled out of the clump
finder.  This hasn't been ported to 3.0 yet because the tree code we
used hasn't been ported to use the octree infrastructure in 3.0.  It
would be neat to do this with the contours of potential energy,
though.  Do you know if the GRID-core code works with multi-resolution
regions?