[yt-users] chemical species abundances discrepancy

Britton Smith brittonsmith at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 06:54:33 PST 2014

I agree with Matt. You can make a derived field that is the mass of the
species field and simply make profiles of the total mass in that field and
the total gas mass.  You can also make a derived field that is the ratio of
the density of that field to the total gas density and then profile that
with some weight field.  That will give you another measurement that is
different, but no less valid.  The important thing is to understand
statistically what is being calculated and make sure that you are comparing
apples to apples.