[yt-users] yt-installation failed on getting pip

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 06:40:03 PST 2014

Hi Remudin,

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 4:05 AM, Remudin Mekuria
<Remudin.Mekuria at students.wits.ac.za> wrote:
> Dear YT-users,
>
> My installation of yt on Ubuntu machine failed up on getting pip. I have tried to test the source of the problem first by installing pip as "sudo apt-get install python-pip". And I have pip installed. It turn out to be the same even when i do again "bash install_script.sh". Then, I also tried to verify these is not a network connection problem as it is saying in the error message"error: Download error for https://pypi.python.org/packages/source/p/pip/pip-1.5.tar.gz: Tunnel connection failed: 407 Proxy Authentication Required". I will be glad to receive your help on these.

This is a bit odd.  I'm not quite sure how to proceed, as it looks
like there's a proxy required to see the outside world from your
machine.  The best solution would likely be to simply manually
download it, and then manually install it *into* the new yt
environment, and then re-run the install script.  It should not try to
re-install pip afterward.

-Matt