[yt-users] More PhasePlots questions

Stephanie Tonnesen stonnes at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 08:58:39 PST 2014

Hi everyone!

I have a few more PhasePlots questions.
1)  I would like to force my axes to be a particular range.  I am looking
at several times in my simulation, and the length of the stripped tail
increases, so different PhasePlots end up with different height above the
disk x-axis ranges, which makes comparison more annoying.

2)  I would like for the last tick label to be blank--to not print out on
the figure (in the attachment, I would like for '100' to not be there).

3)  On a slightly different note, I want the bin size to be bigger.  The
PhasePlots look very streaky, see attached.

I will paste my current set of commands for making my PhasePlot.  Thanks
for any help!

Stephanie

plot =
PhasePlot(tracerp25,"zkpc","zvelocity8",["CellMassMsun"],weight_field=None,fontsize=19)#,x_bounds=[3e-28,5e-23],y_bounds=[-0.7,1.2])
plot.set_log("zkpc",False)
plot.set_log("zvelocity8",False)
plot.set_zlim("CellMassMsun",1e4,1e9)
plot.set_figure_size(3)

ax = plot.plots['CellMassMsun'].axes
ax.set_ylabel(r'z-velocity (10$^8$ cm/s)',fontsize=10)
ax.set_xlabel(r'Height above disk (kpc)',fontsize=10)
print r'z-velocity (10$^8$ cm/s)'
for label in ax.xaxis.get_ticklabels():
    #label.set_color('red')
    label.set_rotation(35)