[yt-users] Another clump finder error

Caroline Van Borm borm at astro.rug.nl
Fri Jan 17 05:16:38 PST 2014

Hi all,

Sorry to bother you again, but I have another problem with the clump
finder. I have been able to run the script to find the clumps, wrote
them to a text file, and saved the clump object using
<pf.h.save_object(master_clump, 'myclumps')>. However, when I try to
read the object back in and get the lowest clumps using

     master_clump = pf.h.load_object('myclumps')
     leaf_clumps = get_lowest_clumps(master_clump)

I get an error saying:
     Traceback (most recent call last):
       File "./findclumps.py", line 66, in <module>
         leaf_clumps = get_lowest_clumps(master_clump)
       File
"/home/uni05/cborm/YT/yt-x86_64/src/yt-hg/yt/analysis_modules/level_sets/clump_handling.py",
line 209, in get_lowest_clumps
         if clump.children is None or len(clump.children) == 0:
     AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'children'

Does this happen because the clump object didn't actually get saved? And
how can I check whether it did or not?

Thanks again!

Cheers,
Caroline