[yt-users] draw axes triad in volume rendering

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 20:50:57 PST 2014

Hi Mike,

You can get the triad using cam.draw_coordinate_vectors(im), which accepts
raw 2D image data, just like draw_domain.

I don't think there's a way to get ticks and labels on the box.  You can
take a look at the source code and try to modify it yourself, though.  See
yt/volume_rendering/camera.py
(here<https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/src/4ef4449dc0af669eed5d6477f70487a7be779e00/yt/visualization/volume_rendering/camera.py?at=yt-3.0>),
where draw_domain is defined, and yt/utilities/lib/misc_utilities.pyx
(here<https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/src/4ef4449dc0af669eed5d6477f70487a7be779e00/yt/utilities/lib/misc_utilities.pyx?at=yt-3.0>)
where the Cython 'lines` function, which actually draws the domain onto the
image, is defined.

-Nathan