[yt-users] yt for PLUTO

Kacper Kowalik xarthisius.kk at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 00:24:53 PST 2014

On 02/17/2014 11:16 PM, Varadarajan Parthasarathy wrote:
> Hi,
>
>         I read through the webpages of yt-project and came to know that
> PLUTO is partly supported for yt and there is still a scope for creating a
> new code front end. To that extent, I would like to inform with how much I
> could get into this:
>
> import h5py
> from yt.mods import *
>
> f = h5py.File("/.../.../testproblem/data.nnnn.dbl.h5", "r")

Hi Varadarajan,
does yt's load method any sort of error? Could you try the following script:

from yt.mods import *
pf = load("/.../.../testproblem/data.nnnn.dbl.h5")
slc = SlicePlot(pf, 'z', 'rho')
slc.save()

this should create an slice plot of gas density, but the most
interesting part is load(). It should take care of reading and
interpreting all data from hdf5 file.
Best regards,
Kacper