[yt-users] halo finding on non DM particles

Cameron Hummels chummels at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 11:08:14 PST 2014

Yes, there is a dm_only flag, which is by default set to True, but you can
manually change this in the HaloFinding call.  See
http://yt-project.org/docs/dev/reference/api/generated/yt.analysis_modules.halo_finding.halo_objects.HOPHaloFinder.html#yt.analysis_modules.halo_finding.halo_objects.HOPHaloFinderfor
more info.

halo_list = HaloFinder(pf, dm_only=False)

I'm not sure if you can currently run it on *only* non dm particles.
You might have to tweak the source to do that.

Cameron

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 10:40 AM, Desika Narayanan
<dnarayan at haverford.edu>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have a quick question on halo finding - is it possible with the HOP halo
> finder in yt to link gas particles instead of DM particles?  (even if they
> have different masses)?  If so, is there a specific keyword to include?
>  (i.e.:   http://paste.yt-project.org/show/4304/  )
>
> Thanks
> -desika

Cameron Hummels