[yt-users] installing YT without internet connection

Luigi Iapichino luigi at uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Feb 4 01:10:34 PST 2014

Hi Philipp,

good, I'm glad that it worked!

On Monday 03 February 2014 18:58:18 Philipp Girichidis wrote:
> Looking at your solution I thought it might be easy to include a switch at
> the beginning of the install script and maybe download the yt-folders with
> hg at the beginning (from the local machine). In the lines with the actual
> hg command one would then need a simple copy command to the src/yt-*
> folders (on the remote machine). With this modification it should also work
> without sshfs and the script would run without crashing. I will try to
> modify the script accordingly and keep you updated.
In general, I tried to keep the changes to the original install_script.sh to a
minimum, in order to apply them easily, when a new version of the script is
released. Nevertheless I am very interested to the modifications proposed by
you; please let me know if you have time to write them down.

Cheers,

  Luigi