[yt-users] seg fault in Quadtree

Britton Smith brittonsmith at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 09:03:43 PST 2014

Hi all,

I'm trying to make projections of a rather large Enzo dataset and getting a
segfault somewhere in Quadtree.so.  This dataset is ~230 GB in size with 27
levels of AMR.  As far as I can tell, the only hard coded limit I could
find in QuadTree.pyx is for 80 levels, which I am clearly below.  Does
anyone familiar with this part of the code have any idea if there are any
other hard-coded limits in here that I might be exceeding?  If not, does
anyone have any advice for how I might debug this?  I'm seeing this
behavior in both yt-2.x and yt-3.0, so it does seem to be something
intrinsic to the quadtree code.

Thanks!
Britton