[yt-users] Issues Installing yt

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 11:28:57 PST 2014

Hi Alex

What you're trying to do likely won't work for yt 2.x.

It will work for 3.0 but we haven't uploaded that to PyPI yet.  You should
be able to 'python setup.py install' 3.0 from a checkout of the mercurial
repo.

If you need to install yt 2.x inside conda, you should be able to install
it via 'conda install yt'.  Continuum Analytics kindly builds yt for us and
hosts a build on their anaconda distribution servers.

Hope that helps,

Nathan