[yt-users] ProjectionPlot of a new field

Geoffrey So gsiisg at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 11:51:30 PST 2014

Not trying to do anything too fancy, just trying to put units on the
colorbar since the field does not have build in cgs conversion factors in
Enzo.  I multiply the plot by the conversion factors but the text on the
colorbar says 'unknown' for units.  I can bypass this by defining a derived
field by using the original field and multiplied by the same constants, and
including the correct units there, but that seems to waste a lot of
computation.

From
G.S.

convD = pf.conversion_factors["Density"]
convV = pf.conversion_factors["x-velocity"]
z     = pf["CosmologyCurrentRedshift"]

field = 'Grey_Radiation_Energy'

prj = ProjectionPlot(pf, direct, field, center='c',
                     weight_field=field,
                     fontsize=24)

# multiply by conversion factors to get erg cm^{-3}
prj.data_source['Grey_Radiation_Energy'] *= convD*convV*convV

prj.annotate_text((1.05,1.05),'z=%2.2f' % z)

prj.set_log(field,'log')

prj.save('frames/')