[yt-users] rainbow+white?

Sam Skillman samskillman at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 08:17:27 PST 2014

Hi Stephanie,

Hmm, it doesn't look like there is a messed up pointer in the
yt/visualization/_colormap_data.py file to me, and looking at (random site
found searching for idl maps)
http://ham.space.umn.edu/johnd/ct/ct-names.html it seems like they have
qualitatively the same colors for rainbow+white.  If you want to try
editing the _colormap_data.py entry for "idl39" you might have some luck.
 It seems from
http://yt-project.org/docs/dev/_images/cmap_images__Projection_Rainbow_+_white_r.pngthat
the white is being put at the max value (which gets put at the bottom
for the _r) rather than the min value, which is I think what you want.

Let us know if that helps.
Sam