[yt-users] combining read in files in yt

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 11:11:17 PST 2014

Hi Desika,

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 11:41 AM, Desika Narayanan
<dnarayan at haverford.edu> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> (a second question, though in a different thread for cleanliness):
>
> Is it possible to combine multiple files that I load into yt?  i.e. if I
> have particle lists that are written into multiple files and do:
>

>>pf1 = load("snap1a.hdf5")
>>pf2 = load("snap1b.hdf5")
>
> Is it possible to combine the two into a single pf that contains the
> information for all of the particles?

Hmm, if they're a single Gadget snapshot, it should already work.  If
they are separate and each thinks they're their own snapshot, it'll be
trickier.  You can do it if you use the load_particles command on
numpy arrays that have been concatenated in memory.

-Matt