[yt-users] Changing the default logging

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 09:14:25 PST 2014

Hi Dave,

Interesting, that change is definitely new enough to get the automatic
switching to symlog scaling.

Here's an example notebook where I show the automatic switching and also
how to manually set up symlog scaling - the key is to use the new
"linthresh" keyword for the set_log function:

http://nbviewer.ipython.org/gist/ngoldbaum/be4cb91f38415e163af4

Care to share your script where the automatic switching doesn't get
triggered?

-Nathan