[yt-users] Cosmological parameters necessary to run synthetic spectrum?

Nicholas Earl nchlsearl at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 18:06:11 PST 2014

Thanks, everyone, for the responses.

It is as Brian has said: I am dealing specifically with the case of an
absorption spectrum generator. The simulation is indeed idealized and
non-cosmological.

Attempting to load the data and pass it to SpectrumBuilder yields the
'CosmologyInitialRedshift' KeyError seen here
http://paste.yt-project.org/show/5248/. Editing the sfr_spectrum.py file to
accept hard-coded values (for the omegas and initial redshift) yields a
second KeyError seen here http://paste.yt-project.org/show/5249/.

As per Nathan's suggestion, I will give the yt-3.0 version of the generator
a go in the mean time.

Thanks again for your guys' attention,
Nick