[yt-users] Problems using Rockstar in yt

David Sullivan D.Sullivan at sussex.ac.uk
Tue Aug 12 14:53:42 PDT 2014

Hi Britton, all,

That took care of my issues, now it’s run successfully. Just one more question: as I’m using RAMSES I create a DatasetSeries using:

es = yt.load('../output_*/info_*.txt’)
rh = RockstarHaloFinder(es, num_readers=1, num_writers=2)

Is there a way for me to add a dark matter only filter as done here for an enzo dataset:

# create a particle filter to remove star particles
@yt.particle_filter("dark_matter", requires=["creation_time"])
def _dm_filter(pfilter, data):
        return data["creation_time"] < 0.0

def setup_ds(ds):
        ds.add_particle_filter("dark_matter”)

es = yt.simulation("enzo_tiny_cosmology/32Mpc_32.enzo", "Enzo")
es.get_time_series(setup_function=setup_ds, redshift_data=False)

rh = RockstarHaloFinder(es, num_readers=1, num_writers=2,
                        particle_type="dark_matter")

I’ve looked at the docs on particle filtering but I can’t add filters to the DatasetSeries object I have.

Many thanks for the help so far!
David