[yt-users] need to set omega_baryon in yt-3

Brian O'Shea bwoshea at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 19:02:46 PDT 2014

Hi Matt,

> > plot1 =
> >
> yt.ProjectionPlot(ds,'z',"baryon_overdensity",weight_field="baryon_overdensity",center=c,data_source=my_region)
>
> You should set it via "field_parameters = {'omega_baryon':
> your_favorite_cosmology}" in this function call.  There was some
> recent back and forth about this in a pull request and whether or not
> it goes into my_region, but this should certainly work.

That did the trick, thank you!

Now, followup question: I am also attempting to create a 2D phase plot of
the same quantity (baryon_overdensity vs. temperature), and yt.PhasePlot
does not seem to take the field_parameters dictionary, and neither does
yt.create_profile.  Should I try another avenue to create a phase plot?

--Brian