[yt-users] need to set omega_baryon in yt-3

Brian O'Shea bwoshea at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 18:36:07 PDT 2014

er, sorry, hit send before I finished.  Completed message is below!

Hi folks,

I am using yt-3, and attempting to make a ProjectionPlot of the derived
field 'baryon_overdensity' (using an Enzo dataset). The line in question is
this:

plot1 =
yt.ProjectionPlot(ds,'z',"baryon_overdensity",weight_field="baryon_overdensity",center=c,data_source=my_region)

(with c, my_region being previously defined).  When I do this, it complains:

yt.fields.field_exceptions.NeedsParameter: (['omega_baryon'])

which certainly makes sense from a physical perspective, and which Enzo
doesn't natively carry around. I tried to set this by hand:

ds.parameters['omega_baryon'] = 0.046

which was done prior to calling yt.ProjectionPlots.  This does not seem to
fix the problem.  Any thoughts?

Thanks!

--Brian