[yt-users] TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable

Wing-Kit Lee wklee at asiaa.sinica.edu.tw
Sun Aug 17 06:48:20 PDT 2014

Hi,

I am new to yt and enzo. I have been able to compile and run a few 'test'
simulations in enzo. However, when I use 'yt plot xxx', it complains the
following:

    310             if active_particles:    311                 ptypes
= _next_token_line("PresentParticleTypes", f)--> 312
counts = [int(c) for c in _next_token_line("ParticleTypeCounts", f)]
 313                 for ptype in
self.parameters.get("AppendActiveParticleType", []):    314
         if ptype in ptypes:
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable

------

I recall it worked when I was using yt 2.x version a few months ago.
The problem seems to appear for the current yt. The tests with enzo I
ran were MHDCTOrszangTang in 2D, ShearingBox in 3D (there are no
particles). Any clues?

Cheers,

Kit