[yt-users] color bar label in multiple panel projection plot

Desika Narayanan dnarayan at haverford.edu
Fri Aug 15 06:21:08 PDT 2014

Hi All,

I'm trying to make a plot similar to the pre-fab projection time-series
example described here:

http://yt-project.org/doc/cookbook/complex_plots.html#time-series-multipanel

I'd love it if the colorbar label didn't say "PartType0_smoothed_density"
or whatever, but rather something physical.

In the past, I've been able to (thanks to Nathan's advice) access the
matplotlib primitives for a single projection plot via something like:

>    px = ProjectionPlot(ds1,'x',("deposit","PartType0_smoothed_density"))
>    plot = px.plots[('deposit','PartType0_smoothed_density')]
>    colorbar_axes = plot.cax
>    colorbar_axes.set_ylabel("N$_H$ g cm$^{-2}$")

So, similarly, I thought I could try something like:

>plot.cax.set_ylabel("N$_H$ g cm$^{-2}$")

in the above time-series example, but it doesn't seem to adjust the
colorbar label.  I'm sure I'm missing something obvious but can't seem to
figure it out - any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!
desika