[yt-users] Current branches post yt-3.0 and "yt update"

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 06:38:15 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I wanted to write with a brief update on a few things.  Now that
yt-3.0 has been released, we have changed the way named branches work
in the yt repository.

 * yt-2.x => This is what used to be the "yt" branch, and is legacy yt
2.x support.
 * yt-3.0 => This branch is deprecated, but not closed, and will not
be undergoing regular updates
 * yt => This is the new development branch, which is now "yt 3.0"
This will become yt 3.1.
 * stable => This is the stable branch (as before) which now
corresponds to yt-3.0 stable releases.

If you do not use the "yt update" functionality, you may disregard the
remainder of this email.

If you have been running yt 2.x, and want to stay on yt 2.x, you will
need to make a one-time modification to your source directory.  NOTE :
ANY UNCOMMITTED CHANGES WILL BE WIPED OUT BY THIS COMMAND.

  1) Activate your yt environment (typically via the activate script)
  2) cd $YT_DEST/src/yt-hg
  3) hg pull
  4) hg up -C yt-2.x

That will switch you to the yt-2.x branch.

If you have been running yt 3.0, you will need to make a similar modification:

  1) Activate your yt environment (typically via the activate script)
  2) cd $YT_DEST/src/yt-hg
  3) hg pull
  4) hg up -C yt

Hope that helps!