[yt-users] units error in cloud-in-cell construction in yt

Brendan Griffen brendan.f.griffen at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 08:17:02 PDT 2014

Hi,

I've been trying to construct a CiC mesh but couldn't get an answer
comparable with theory for the mean density of the mesh yt gave me.

I've put all the relevant code and output in a pastebin here:
http://pastebin.com/hbVM0rYN

I've spoken with Britton Smith and he thinks the physical size of the mesh
might be wrong by a factor of (1+z) which translates to the densities all
being off by (1+z)^3. There also seems to be a missing h**3 somewhere which
brings everything in "rough" alignment.

I've run it for two redshifts z = 46 and z = 0 and put the output in the
above pastebin. I've added a correction where I forcefully put /(1+z)^3
term at the end and it gives reasonable results. I've also added another
two values including the missing /h**3 term.

Can this be corrected or can someone tell me where I went wrong in what I'm
doing? Thanks!

Brendan