[yt-users] Profile of a projected quantity?

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 17:35:17 PDT 2014

Hi all,

Is there a way for me to find a profile using a projection as a data
source? In particular, I'd like to find a radial profile of a surface
density in a disk galaxy simulation.

I think I could do this by histogramming a fixed resolution buffer created
by a projection data source but is that the only way to do it?  I'd prefer
for my data pipeline to look identical for computing profiles and in all
other cases I'm using a Profile1D object to find things like the cumulative
mass or the average density as a function of radius.

Thanks for your help with this!

-Nathan