[yt-users] yt's treatment of enzo velocity data: Zeus vs PPM

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 15:21:19 PDT 2013

I think the cleanest way to deal with this would be to override the
[x,y,z]-velocity fields provided by Zeus datasets and from them derive
cell-centered velocities, which, for a given cell, should be the arithmetic
mean of the velocities at the neighboring cell faces.

This would allow us to get rid of all of the silly pf['HydroMethod'] == 2
checks we have in the field definitions.  Not sure how hard it would be to
implement in practice.