[yt-users] error installing mecurial during yt install

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 07:13:18 PDT 2013

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 10:05 AM, Brendan Griffen
<brendan.f.griffen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>
> Thanks.
>
> So before you got back to me I just checked what other packages I had
> loaded. I found git was loaded and so I removed it from my module list and
> re-run the package. It worked mysteriously. I can't think what would cause a
> conflict. Thanks for your help.

Wow!  Me neither, but happy to see it's working.  To my best
recollection, the hg/git conflict has always been a cold war, but
perhaps the cluster you're on is the first breakout of hostilities.
We better keep an eye on it.

Glad to see that everything has resolved itself.  One note is that now
that you are using the system hg, to update yt you can't (necessarily)
use "yt update".  You will have to do:

cd /n/home01/bgriffen/data/lib/yt-x86_64/src/yt-hg
hg pull
hg up
python2.7 setup.py develop

to update your yt installation.  To update dependencies ("yt update
--all"), you'll have to get a new copy of the install script and
re-run it over top of the old one -- this will only update the
necessary bits, not the ones that are all up to date already.  But
this is all just for the future, not for now.

Let us know if you run into any other issues!

-Matt