[yt-users] new yt website, now with gallery!

Britton Smith brittonsmith at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 06:35:43 PDT 2013

Hi everyone,

Today we launched a completely redesigned yt website.  It's still at
yt-project.org, but with a completely new look.  One of the brand new
features is the yt Gallery (http://yt-project.org/gallery.html).  The
gallery is designed to show off examples of yt in the real world and to
give new users an idea of all that's possible.

We have a few really nice contributions up there now, but we want many
more!  If you have a figure made at least in part with yt that you're
particularly proud from a paper, poster, talk, press release, or just
something really cool, please consider submitting it to the gallery.  To
add something to the gallery, simply fork the yt website repository here:
https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/website
Then, add your image (400 pixels wide, preferably) to the directory
img/gallery, add an entry to the gallery.html file, and submit a pull
request.  We will also accept embedded movies from vimeo or youtube.  Make
sure to add a caption with a brief explanation of the figure, what
functionality you used to make it, and a citation if it appears in a
publication.  Also, make sure to add your figure to the top of the gallery
page so it's easy to see what's new.

We look forward to seeing what amazing things people have done!

Britton