[yt-users] accessing colorbar directly

Luigi Iapichino luigi at uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Sep 26 07:40:32 PDT 2013

Hi Nathan,

thanks, it worked exactly in the way I meant! Just for your information: my
problem was to customize a slice of GridLevel, in such a way to have the
word "AMR level" on the colorbar, and to have integer values for the ticks.
Using your suggestion, I did that in the following way (pf and c given
elsewhere in my script):

sll = SlicePlot(pf, 'x', "GridLevel", c, width = (8.0, 'mpccm'))
sll.set_log("GridLevel", False)
sll.set_zlim("GridLevel", 0.0,8.0)
colorbar = sll.plots['GridLevel'].cb
colorbar.set_label("AMR level")