[yt-users] Problems with fields

Cameron Hummels chummels at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 20:00:35 PDT 2013

Hello fellow yt'ers:

I'm having some issues with some fields that I don't think are behaving the
way they should be in yt.  I'm encountering a number of problems with a
simple 2D enzo dataset (x and y), so I put together a notebook
demonstrating my various issues.

https://hub.yt-project.org/nb/727j2j

To summarize the weirdness from the notebook:

1) The 'dx' field doesn't seem to be able to be displayed (i.e. when I try
to slice it), whereas the 'dy' field is fine.  'dz' even exists, but it's
just uniformly 0, as is expected from a 2D dataset.

2) When I try to produce a new field which is 2^GridLevel, I get weird
results (ignored levels and more).

3-5) I get strange behavior when trying to make a new field combining
GridLevel and 'dy', since GridLevel  has twice as many indices as any of
the spatial fields (in the z direction no less).  This results in some odd
behavior when I try to pair various subsets of GridLevel with 'dy'.

Any clarification of these ideas is welcome.  The docs and source haven't
yet revealed what is going on here.  Thanks!

Cameron

--
Cameron Hummels
Postdoctoral Researcher