[yt-users] yt installation crash

Britton Smith brittonsmith at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 11:42:27 PDT 2013

Hi Tudor,

Are you seeing that error when running that line?  If so, you can also try
using wget instead of curl, if you have that installed from something like
macports.  If that's not what's happening, can you be more specific about
what you're doing and when you see that error?

Britton

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 5:07 PM, Platon, Tudor <tplaton at cfa.harvard.edu>wrote:

> Hello Britton,
>
> I am actually following the procedure on the yt-project.org. I am using $
> curl -O http://hg.yt-project.org/yt/raw/stable/doc/install_script.sh<http://hg.yt-project.org/yt/src/stable/doc/install_script.sh>
> Do you have any other suggestions?
>
> Regards,
> Tudor
>

> On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 10:41 AM, Britton Smith <brittonsmith at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Tudor,
>>
>> It looks like you're trying to install yt from macports.  Is that right?
>> If so, I'm not sure who is in charge of the yt module in macports or if
>> they are even following this list.  It seems that the latest yt version on
>> macports is 2.3, which is from quite a while ago.  I recommend using the
>> install script available at yt-project.org under the "Get yt" section.
>>
>> Britton
>>

>> On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 6:06 PM, Platon, Tudor <tplaton at cfa.harvard.edu>wrote:
>>
>>> Hello everyone,
>>>
>>> I am trying to install the current stable version of yt on a Mac,
>>> running Mac OS X ver 10.6.8 and I get the following errors:
>>> test_disconnect_inproc.cpp:48: error: ‘strndup’ was not declared in this
>>> scope
>>> test_disconnect_inproc.cpp:52: error: ‘strndup’ was not declared in this
>>> scope
>>> test_disconnect_inproc.cpp:72: error: ‘strndup’ was not declared in this