[yt-users] Light Cone Projection

Pengfei Chen madcpf at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 16:59:02 PDT 2013

Hi Britton,

Thank you so much for your reply! I think I understand how LightRay works.
What plan_cosmology_splice() does is to choose output redshifts so that
comoving distance between them is approximately equal to but less than the
comoving box size. So the light ray would not pass through the same
structure in one dataset no matter how it travels. Is it right?

Also I would like to add support to the LightRay object for setting a fixed
initial position. Since I never modified yt or any other large code before,
could you please give me some advice? Is there any documentation or
tutorials I could read?

Have a nice day!

Pengfei