[yt-users] Light Cone Projection

Britton Smith brittonsmith at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 02:53:28 PDT 2013

Hi Pengfei,

The near_redshift and far_redshift are free parameters for you to set, and
just control the redshift interval over which to make the light cone
projection.  You might also want to look at the narrative documentation on
the light cone generator, which you can find here:
http://yt-project.org/doc/analysis_modules/light_cone_generator.html
Note, that you need to use this with a simulation that made enough data
outputs to connect the redshift interval you specify.  The
"enzo_tiny_cosmology" dataset available at http://yt-project.org/data/ was
configured to work with the light cone recipe in the cookbook, so I would
suggest downloading that.

As for the error, this is happening because there is a line in your enzo
parameter file that contains more than one "=" sign.  I have just submitted
a pull request that fixes it, so this should be fixed soon.  In the mean
time, you can simply comment out that line in your parameter file and
everything should work fine.

Britton