[yt-users] chombo/orion2 projection issue

William Gray graywilliamj at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 15:19:59 PDT 2013

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for your response. I tried a variety of render options and was
unable to produce a 'correct' plot.

First, as a sanity check I tried a simple volume rendering just to see if
that would work, the important calls were:

mi,ma = data.quantities["Extrema"]("Density")[0]
tf = ColorTransferFunction((np.log10(mi)+1,np.log10(ma)))
tf.add_layers(5,w=0.02,colormap="spectral")
cam = pf.h.camera(c,L,W,N,tf,no_ghost=False)
den = cam.snapshot()

where c is centered on some particle, L is is angular momentum vector of
said particle, W =[1.5e15,1.5e15,1.5e15] and N is 512. This works and gives
a nice volume render.

Next I tried:

tf = ProjectionTransferFunction()
cam = pf.h.camera(c,L,W,N,tf,fields=[field],log_fields,
[use_log],no_ghost=False)
den = cam.snapshot()

Which is the same as above except with a different transfer function. This
gives a blank/black projection image. I also retried both
off_axis_projection and OffAxisProjectionPlot. Both give blank images, as
expected.

I am working on a test problem to see if I can reproduce this problem. If I
get one working I will send it along.

Please let me know if there is some other info that may be of importance
and if there is something else you want me to try.

-Will