[yt-users] Stars particles

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 05:21:00 PDT 2013

Hi Francia,

Looks to me like as it stands, you will have to calculate your center of
mass manually.  (This is something we have addressed in the development
branch, where it's a lot easier to do this kind of filtering, but it is not
yet in the mainline branch.)  You can do it like this:

mx, my, mz = ((halo["particle_position_%" % ax][stars] * sm).sum()/sm.sum()
for ax in 'xyz')

That should give you your center of mass in x, y, z for the stars.

-Matt