[yt-users] yt-3.0 install issue

Kacper Kowalik xarthisius.kk at gmail.com
Sat Oct 19 05:00:42 PDT 2013

On 19.10.2013 11:00, Romain Teyssier wrote:
> I have built and installed yt-3.0
>
> When I try to import the modules I have this:
> Any clue ?
>
> Romain

Hi Romain,
I was able to reproduce it locally for a brief moment. I turned out to
be python's confusion with multiple instances of yt being installed and
some orphaned *.pyc files. However, I wasn't able to reproduce it for
the second time, so I'm not 100% sure that what I am about to suggest
will work for you.

Could you remove all instances of yt you have now and try installing it
manually?

 hg clone https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt-3.0 yt-3.0
 cd yt-3.0
 python setup.py develop
--prefix=/Users/teyssier/Library/Enthought/Canopy_64bit/User

This will create symbolic links in Canopy accessible PYTHONPATH instead
of copying egg. Generally it's more convenient way of having yt
installed as all changes to .py files are immediately available, which
comes in handy when you need to tweak the code.

I hope this helps.
Cheers,
Kacper