[yt-users] Example of volume rendering on >1 field

Cameron Hummels chummels at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 16:56:17 PDT 2013

Hi Chris,

There was a discussion about a month ago on this list about how to best use
two fields to do a single volume rendering in the way that you describe.  I
don't believe there was a full script laid out just yet, but there was
discussion on how to go about doing this.  Follow the thread here:
http://lists.spacepope.org/pipermail/yt-users-spacepope.org/2013-July/003821.html.
 It's worth noting that in about two weeks there is going to be a
major
effort to improve the documentation and fill some of the gaps on how to do
things like this.  I'm adding a ticket right now to address this issue at
that documentation sprint.

Cameron

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 1:21 PM, Chris Beaumont
<cbeaumont at cfa.harvard.edu>wrote:

> Hi yt,
>
> Can someone point me to an example script that does a volume rendering
> using more than one field? I essentially want to make an isosurface
> rendering with two surfaces from different fields. From the docs I suspect
> this uses MultiVariateTransferFunction, but I'm finding the usage
> docstrings a bit opaque
>
> Thanks!
> chris

Cameron Hummels