[yt-users] install script failure

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 05:45:43 PDT 2013

Hi all,

Here's what's going on.

Bleeding Edge => branch "yt-3.0", from the yt_analysis/yt repository
Development => branch "yt" from yt_analysis/yt
Stable => branch "stable" from yt_analysis/yt

Now, most development of yt-3.0 takes place in the repo
"yt_analysis/yt-3.0", and it currently gets pushed in to
"yt_analysis/yt" only when a "release" happens.  This was scheduled
for tomorrow, and I've just pushed in the current set of changes right
now so that this can get resolved today.  This is what caused Jeff's
issues with Freetype, but I don't know if that is the same as the
distribute_setup.py stuff Elizabeth is seeing.

If you use the "Development" script everything should be fine, I think?

Anyway, like I mentioned, I've pushed in the branch "yt-3.0" changes
to the main "yt_analysis/yt" repository, but had to perform a no-op
merge of boxlib and rockstar changes that were originally destined for
the 2.x branch but got moved to 3.x, which may have confused the repo
for a few minutes.  I'll be mostly out of contact for a while at this
point, but I think things should be correctly set up now.

-Matt