[yt-users] matplotlib backend install

Semyeong Oh semyeong.oh at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 19:18:25 PDT 2013

Hi Nathan,

I successfully installed yt as our instruction, but have two problems:

1. I tested if I could get interactive matplotlib window with simple phase
plot script (
http://yt-project.org/docs/2.5/cookbook/simple_plots.html#simple-phase-plots).
If I run the script in pylab (Qt4Agg backend) and append show() command at
the end, nothing shows up. Is this just the way it is or is it possible to
get yt plots in an interactive window?

2. I get following error with iyt script
$ iyt
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/u/semyeong//Installs//anaconda/bin/iyt", line 5, in <module>
    pkg_resources.run_script('yt==2.5.5', 'iyt')
  File
"/u/semyeong/Installs/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources.py",
line 505, in run_script
    self.require(requires)[0].run_script(script_name, ns)
  File
"/u/semyeong/Installs/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources.py",
line 1239, in run_script
    raise ResolutionError("No script named %r" % script_name)
pkg_resources.ResolutionError: No script named 'iyt'

Thanks for your help.
Semyeong