[yt-users] chombo/orion2 projection issue

William Gray graywilliamj at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 10:40:43 PDT 2013

Hello yt-users,

I am having an issue in creating off axis projection plots with short
depths in yt. I am looking for disks around particles which necessitates
using the off axis projection functionality. What I want to do is create a
projection where the depth is the same as or similar to the width of the
plot. However, I am finding that unless the depth is orders of magnitude
larger than the width I will always create a blank plot (for example, the
width is ~100 au, the depth to get a plot has to be ~1000xwidth, I want a
plot where the width and depth are ~100 au). I have tried using both
off_axis_projection and the OffAxisProjection methods with similar (bad)
results.

As a comparison, I ran a low resolution FLASH simulation that did not seem
to have this problem. I also know that such a plot was possible with ORION2
data in the recent past (spring of this year) since a colleague was able
produce such a plot. That same script now also fails.

Does anyone know of a way around this problem? Has there been any recent
changes that broke volume rendering for chombo/orion2 data?

Thanks,
William Gray